North-West Laboratory Group of Companies is an authorized distributor of Magnetics Inc. (USA) within Russia, CIS and Baltic countries.
Magnetics Inc. issues 31 standard sizes of powder ring cores having a distributed gap and made of MPP, High Flux, Kool Mμ, XFlux materials characterized by high saturation magnetic flux density, with an outer diameter from 3.56 mm to 101.6 mm.
Ring powder cores are used typically as magnetic circuits of output DC chokes in pulse power supplies, of flyback transformers and of differential chokes.. MPP cores are widely used as magnetic circuits of high-precision inductance coils being stable in wide range of temperature. Absence of organic filing materials within Magnetics’s powder cores and also a high Curie temperature provide an absence of thermal ageing and preservation of stable parameters of products based on these cores on constant operation at high temperatures.
Powder ring cores issued by Magnetics Inc. are characterized by high repeatability and by tight requirements for variation of single-turn inductance ratio (from 2% to 8%) which are more tight as compared with requirements of domestic Technical Terms and Conditions on cores made of Mo-permalloy with acceptance - ПЗ КГЖП757140.001ТУ and ОЖО.707.180 ТУ (variation of up to 10%).
Serious advantages as compared with expensive domestic-made ring cores of Mo-permalloy issued with sizes from К7*4*3 to К52*36*14 are also:
- possibility to select an optimal magnetic circuit core among four different powder materials issued in standard size and nomenclature series being significantly wider as compared with domestic-made cores
- high-quality protective dielectric (epoxide or parylene) coating that makes easier a winding process and improves a protection of core material from adverse environmental influence
- substantially lesser cost (from several times for Kool Mµ cores to tens of percents for MPP cores)
Geometrical Dimensions and Effective Parameters
Geometrical dimensions and effective parameters of MPP, High Flux, Kool Mµ, XFlux ring powder cores issued by Magnetics Inc.
|Standard Size||Dimensions with coating||Effective Parameters|
Characteristics of MPP, High Flux, Kool Mμ, XFlux materials and nomenclature list of ring powder cores issued by Magnetics Inc. are given in pages of this company's catalog Magnetics Powder Core Design Manual Catalogue 2008 and of our catalog (in Russian).
Information on R 101,6x57,2x16,5 77102-A7 core with new standard size issued since October of 2009 see in here.
For research and development works special core sets are issued.
To simplify calculations, it is recommended to use Magnetics Inductor Design Software. It is accessible at Magnetics Inc. web-site.
- Масса кольцевых порошковых сердечников Magnetics
- Маркировка кольцевых сердечников фирмы Magnetics, типы покрытий и температурной стабилизации